Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The UFT: Captain Obvious tweets...

I've been staring at this all morning. I'm not sure how I can legitimately do it justice. It's one of those things in life you see, are amazed by (and not that good kind of amazed), feel a ton of questions rise up in your mind, you open your mouth, and then....




.... speechless...

Head slapping, face-palmingly speechless...

Here is my union. The UFT. The United Federation of Teachers. The bastion of professional education...



Why do I have such a problem with this?

It's a mentality thing. It's a ridiculous statement. It's tweeted in sincerity and it demonstrates an overall mindset. What mindset? To me it is a major representation of the no accountability, let someone else pay for it mindset.

How can you make something free? Stop charging for it! Genius! Even better, get someone else to pay for it so you don't have to! Fantastic! Who pays? Who cares!

It's also mind-numbingly bad writing and design.

Actually, no. It's great. Here are a few tweets I'm thinking of sending...




Here is the tweet I did send...



Maybe I'm being overly snarky and reading too much into it, but I think that tweet from the UFT is ridiculous and makes them look bad. It's overly stating the obvious and being flippant, which I think hurts their argument. It's also, in my opinion, poorly written.

Of course free lunch would be great, and sure you can just stop charging for it. But then how is it funded? Where do those millions of dollars come from? Higher taxes, lower pay raises...

Let's give everyone free lunch, let someone else pay for it. Let's also keep my UFT benefits at their same level but stop charging me dues... </snark>

No comments:

Post a Comment